The Things We Take For Granted...


Hey ya'll and Welcome back 💞
For todays post I wanted to just talk about the things we take for granted in everyday life.

My moms journey has taught me many things.  One of the most important things it has taught me is the things in which we take for granted.  She has opened my eyes and to view life in a much different way.  

I was in the room while they were bathing mom on Friday.  As I was sitting there it just really hit me that something as simple as a bath was very challenging for her.  It moved me to talk about how to be grateful for the little things in life.  Hopefully after reading this you will learn to just enjoy something as simple as using your hands and feet.

Mom used to be able to enjoy so much in life.  Things such as taking a shower independently, eating on her own, going to an actual restroom, walking, communicating, and even something as simple as scratching her nose.  This list is endless and each new day she is faced with another challenge.  

My mom is not the only person facing the obstacles of simple every day task.  There are countless people in this world who on a daily basis can't enjoy the things so many people take for granted.  As I have shared before I have started walking after my classes back to my car.  Some days it is a pain because of battling the heat and cars.  Why, why should that even be considered a struggle when we have people in this world who can't even walk.  I just complained about something that others would love to be able to do.  Mom for instance would love to just be able to take a step.  

During these walks though I have changed my mindset to enjoying every step that I take.  I take each step with the thought in mind that walking is not a given.  Just like many simple things in life are not a given.  I can't tell you how many times I have been with my mom and she has expressed the frustration of not being able to do these things anymore.  Wiping tears from her eyes and trying to relate to what she must be going through.  

She has so much grace and poise and just rolls with it.  Someone who has completely gone from being able to perform these task to not being able to at all.  It's like she has accepted it in so many ways and still has this positive outlook.  Mom is an example of how to take things as they are and turn them into something you just need to accept.  Instead of being angry and negative she simply looks at it in a whole other light.  

The next time you walk, scratch your nose, feed yourself and perform any other simple daily task, think of those who don't have that luxury.  When you find yourself complaining about them even remind yourself others in this world would love to be able to enjoy it!  Do these task for those who simply can't.

Until next time, have a great day and God Bless 😊

Comments

  1. I will do everything I am able to do joyfully offering it up for those who cannot! ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Getting My Groove Back!

Update on Mom

The Past Month...