Welcome to my Blog!




Hey Ya'll,
My name is Dre and Vae is a nickname formed from my last name.  I wanted to create a blog where I share my journey of life.  I am currently embarking on a weight loss journey, but I wanted my blog to be more than just that one piece of my life.  In this blog I want to share and write about different topics.  Topics like, my family, friends, faith, fashion, beauty, sports and obviously health and fitness, and whatever else my heart desires.  Most of my blog will most likely be sharing my weight loss journey but I don't want that to be all I write about.  
I was born and raised in Texas and moved to Tuscaloosa, Alabama last year to attend to The Greatest University (in my opinion) The University of Alabama.  Roll Tide!!! 🐘  One of my biggest passions in life is helping others.  With that being said I am getting a major in Human Development Family Studies with a concentration/minor in Adolescent/Youth Development.  After graduating with a bachelors I want to get a masters in counseling.  Counseling is something I feel is my calling and something that will allow me to help others.  It has many different avenues and I am still undecided on exactly what area of counseling I would like to pursue.  
One interesting fact about me is that I actually attended Toni and Guy Hair Academy right after high school.  I graduated and got my cosmetology license.  After graduating, I worked in a salon for a few years, but came to the realization this wasn't something I was meant to pursue for the rest of my life.  Doing hair was more of a hobby and I still love styling hair but I don't want to work in a salon.  Now I have found something I can see myself doing as a career and that is where I am at now.  I wouldn't be able to be where I am without God, my amazing parents and their support through it all.  
Love you Mom and Dad! 💞
I also have an older sister Rachel, and I will be sharing a special blog dedicated to my amazing family!
This first post I wanted to just be an introduction.  I am really looking forward to writing more, but until then...Hope ya'll have a great day and God Bless. 😊

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting My Groove Back!

Update on Mom

The Past Month...