The Story Behind our Love for Alabama Softball...

 Hey Ya'll and Welcome Back πŸ’ž
For todays post I want to share about a team that has become a family to us.

I am a big believer of God placing people in your life for a reason.  My second semester at UA I was taking a biology course.  In that course I met one of my closest friends Alexis Osorio.  For those who don't know, Alexis or as I call her Lex is a pitcher for Alabama Softball.  We sat by each other and were in the same group for a group project.  I knew who Lex was because my family and I love watching Alabama Softball and the fact that she was in my class was awesome.  Lex and I began talking more and one day I asked her where the student section was for the game.  I also shared with her how much my family enjoyed the games.  They were having a tournament and Texas Tech happened to be one of the teams in that tournament.  I shared with Lex how Tech was like our second favorite school that we had a special place in our hearts for.  Lex ended up offering to put my family and I on her player pass list for the whole weekend. That random act of kindness was a saving grace that I will share.



Mom, Rachel and I attended the first game that was on Thursday.  We walked into Rhoads and were in awe.  It was a place we saw on tv while watching the games.  It was so amazing finally getting to attend a game in person.  Our seats were in the parent section and we got to sit on the first row behind the home dugout.  As they were introducing the players we got even more excited because we supported these girls back in Texas.  Even though they didn't know this but just cheering each of them on in person was so cool.  

Mom had shared with me that she wasn't feeling to well.  She even contemplated on going to Saturdays game.  Thankfully she decided to join my sister and I.  The past couple of days prior to Saturday her left foot dragged when she walked.  It was close to game time and I noticed something wasn't right with mom.  I called my dad and told him, "if I call you again its an emergency."  The weirdness stopped for the meantime.  As the game was being played mom and I noticed something wasn't right again.  Before the game we were talking to Alecia Grantham, who is Peyton Grantham one of the players mom.  Still thankful to this day she introduced herself and began talking with us.  

Mom began acting strange again.  Rather to be safe I asked Miss Alecia if she would watch mom while I ran to go get the paramedics.  She insisted on going so I could stay and be with mom.  Not but a couple minutes later mom began to seize.  It is a memory/nightmare that still replays in my mind.  Without any hesitation parents swarmed mom and helped her while we waited for the medics to arrive.  While the parents were helping I had to make sure Rachel was ok because her emotions are evoked differently than you and I.  One of the moms helped with Rachel.  The medics came to moms side.  They lifted her up and she exited the stadium.  During this time the game had stopped and the stadium was silent.  I grabbed our things and Rachel and I ran out of the stadium.  As we were running up the stair strangers were saying, "were praying for your mom."  Thank you again Miss Alecia!!


This picture was captured when mom left the stadium.  Peyton now one of my closest friends shared this photo with me.  She shared with me we didn't question and went straight into prayer.  This picture still brings tears and chills to my eyes.  It is a representation of this amazing program.  They didn't know my mom but still stopped and prayed for her.  

Mom got to the hospital and into Neuro ICU.  After the games were finished Lex asked if some of them could go and see mom.  Lex, Peyton and Regan Dykes came by to see her.  Again something they didn't have to do but went out of their way to check on her.  After this incident I became very close to Lex and Peyton.  If it wasn't for Lex offering my family and I tickets who knows where mom would've been.  The amount of support we got from the players, coaches, parents and Alabama Softball community as a whole was incredible.  In a sense we gained a family.



Fast forward to present day.  Coach Aly the associate head coach, Lex and P came to visit mom today.  Coach Aly just started talking to mom.  She then proceded to give mom one of her game day rosary's. Coach Aly placed the rosary in moms left hand (lefty is still slightly mobile).  After doing this she just started talking more to mom.  One thing was how genuine Coach Aly was.  It wasn't forced or fake but so truly genuine.  In many ways it felt like family coming to visit.  Lex, P and Coach Aly made mom laugh and smile.  Before leaving we all prayed around mom and it was such a beautiful moment.  



My love, respect and appreciation for Alabama Softball has grown even more after today.  My mom adores Lex and P so much.  They have been such a great support system during this time and their friendship means the world to me.  Coach Aly someone who has continued to pray for mom and always asking about her.  Even with there busy schedules they still find the time to care.  

My family and I just want to say THANK YOU ALABAMA SOFTBALL!!! Thank you for being like family and for loving and supporting us during this time.  We are truly grateful and blessed to be able to know such an amazing program with even more amazing people.  At the end of the day this is the one team that we love more than Alabama Football! 

Until next time, have a great day and God Bless 😊

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting My Groove Back!

Update on Mom

The Past Month...