Alabama Football - Our Family Escape



Hey Ya'll and Welcome Back 💞

For todays post I wanted to share what our go to escape is.  I wish I had a picture from Saturday of the four of us.  We were all gathered around moms bed watching the Alabama game.  Even mom had her Alabama shirt on and it was just one of those moments I will hold onto forever.

When mom was first diagnosed with cancer a month later we attended an Alabama football game.  Even though our lives had changed we still found a place to get our mind off of the negativities of moms cancer.  Alabama Football seemed to be a place we turned to help us during a hard time.  It took all of our minds off of what we were dealing with personally.  In some ways it even brought the four of us closer.

On Sunday at mass Nick Saban sat behind me.  (yes you read this correctly, the head coach of Alabama).  When I turned around for the peace be with you and saw him and Ms. Terry (his wife) I tried so hard to contain myself.  If only when I shook his hand I could've thanked him for giving my family that escape we needed.  Watching his team each week was a way for The Vaden's to heal in a way.

This past weekend also happened to be Parent Weekend.  Even though I couldn't attend the game with my parents, we still found a way to be in the moment.  It's hard to believe a year ago mom was able to walk around the quad with me on game days.  She got to enjoy the team entering Bryant Denny at the walk of champions.  She got to listen to the Million Dollar Band at the elephant stomp.  I wish with all my power I could take mom to game days.  If I had it my way I would wheel her around.  A part of me wishes I could bring game day to her.



I wish there was a way that I could thank Alabama Football for being our escape during this difficult time.  If only I could somehow tell them thank you.  Also if their was a way for the players and Coach Saban could meet my amazing mom.  If I could communicate to the players and Coach Saban how they are a place of healing and escape for so many going through a rough time.  How they bring joy to people in a time of sadness.

Being that I am a huge college football fan this season has been different.  On a side note yelling at the boys does help with built up frustrations.  In some ways going to the games is difficult.  A huge part of me feels guilty having fun while my mom is fighting for her life.  Mom did make me promise her that I would go to the Alabama games that I got this year.  As amazing as the atmosphere is on game days I find myself enjoying it by moms side.

The Vaden's want to say thank you Alabama Football for helping us through a difficult time.

Until next time, have a great day and God Bless!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting My Groove Back!

Update on Mom

The Past Month...