My Hero and Her Story


Hey Ya'll & Welcome Back💞

  When we hear the word hero we think of people like superman, a character in a comic book who defeats "the enemy," or even all of the brave men and women in the military. Those men and women are definitely heroes in their own right!   For me my hero is my beautiful and amazing mom and this is her story:

  4 years ago my mom received some news that would forever change our lives. It is the type of news that you can only think about the negatives that come with it.  My mom had a mole that was located on her temple area.  She got it removed and the doctor sent it in for test.  From his positivity we didn't feel the need to worry, but he wanted to check the mole just to be safe.  My parents came home after meeting with the doctor who went over the results of the mole.  When they sat me and my sister down I knew this couldn't be good.  Keep in mind a few months prior to this my papa passed away from cancer.  Mom revealed to my sister and I that she had melanoma skin cancer.  Cancer the six letter word no one wants to hear they or a family member has.  Tears began to roll down my face and I couldn't help but think about the negatives.  Even though it's so hard to think about the negatives I knew I had to be strong for her.  What I didn't realize was how strong she was already.  My mom had just been given news that would change her life but it didn't effect her and knock her down.  

Ever since she has been diagnosed she has gone through countless surgeries,treatments and countless appointments.  One of the hardest moments was walking into a treatment room with her and seeing the dozens of others battling cancer.  It makes you realize how many people have to battle this horrible disease.  Going with mom to every appointment and treatment grew our bond and we have become very very close! I cherish everyone of those moments even if they were brought by something horrible.   Mom was getting a very strong dose of radiation to her head region.  The nurses let her know she would be losing her hair.  I still remember the day she asked me if I would shave her head.  Mom didn't seem as bothered or upset about it because how much it had been shedding.  After shaving her head I looked at her and thought how beautiful my mom was.  Hair doesn't define her (or any person for that matter)and she rocked her beautiful bald head like a rockstar.  I thought this would be the hardest moment for me but it didn't compare to what would come next.

February of this year we were attending an Alabama softball game.  During the game mom was acting strange and we knew something wasn't right.  Mom had a seizure in the stands and was rushed to the hospital.  Being at that softball game was a blessing in disguise.  Mom had been thinking about staying home and my sister and I were going to go to the game.  She thankfully came with us and the amount of support we received from the softball parents, players, coaches, and all others that worked there was incredibly amazing.  I also want to give an even bigger thank you to Alexis Osorio, Peyton Grantham and Momma Grantham.  Lex and P are two of my closest friends and if wasn't for Lex getting us tickets that day who knows what would've happened to mom.  

Mom's seizure was caused by a tumor in her brain that was bleeding and ended up having brain surgery.  She recovered like the champ she is and things were back to being normal  for us.  We traveled to Phoenix, Arizona to visit family.  What turned out to be a week vacation turned into a month long stay.  Mom had another seizure caused by the same thing. She underwent brain surgery number 2 in just three months.  I don't know about ya'll but I get a paper cut and want to cry.  Her battle is still not over and she will be going through another strong round of radiation.  The cancer is just hanging out in her brain and hiding.  Her doctors and cancer team have been truly wonderful and make it a bit easier.  

Mom and her strength will overcome this horrible horrible disease.  We have learned to take things one day at a time with her.  She still has a long road to go but I cannot wait for the day she gives cancer it's final punch and knocks it out of her body.  I wanted to share her story because it is something that is a major part of my life.  Also, to get the word out their that others are not alone.  For those of you battling cancer or have a family member battling just know their is someone who is here!  You don't have to go through with this by yourself and I am not battling it but I can hopefully help those family members like me who have to remain strong for our loved ones.  

This is why my mom is my hero and my biggest inspiration behind becoming healthy!  Love you mom 💞 

I want to leave ya'll with this.  Don't judge others based on how you perceive them you don't know what kind of obstacles they have had to face.  

I hope ya'll have a great day and God Bless 😊


  


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Getting My Groove Back!

Update on Mom

The Past Month...