Week 1


Hey Ya'll and Welcome Back!

     For todays post I wanted to share what my first week was like of my 12 week program.  I explained in a previous post exactly what I was doing for 12 weeks.  This 12 week program is something I have never done before.  Each week I will share how I really feel each day.   So here are my thoughts from week 1:

Week 1, Day 1 - 
     I began this program on a Monday and was anxious and ready to start this new program.  The first day was all about tracking and figuring out how to reach my macros for the day.  I thought that I would struggle with keeping track of everything I ate.  Surprisingly  for me it was like playing a game.  For the past month I had been eating whenever I wanted and however much I wanted.  With that being said I thought I would be so hungry and felt deprived.  I would be lying if I said I didn't want more food.  It is amazing how quickly carbs add up when you start tracking them.  Also using a food scale to precisely get the accurate serving size and not just eating as much as you want.  Those two things I have to say were the hardest for me.  I survived and at the end of the day felt better already!

Week 1, Day 2 - 
     My carbs decreased by 50g and I thought it would be hard to not go over my carb total for the day.  To my surprise I started figuring out what kind of foods were filling but were low in carb values.  The more protein I had the fuller I felt.  This is the day I realized that this program was going to help me create delicious macro - friendly recipes.

Week 1, Day 3 - 
     Here it was my lowest carb day.  I told my parents the day before that I apologized in advanced for being cranky.   A huge part of me thought I was going to be hungry and wouldn't be able to feel full.  The crazy thing is I felt just like my other days.  I realized that my lowest carb day was to not start eating so early in the day.  Eggs, turkey bacon, tilapia, and tuna were some of my best friends on this day.  I began to feel motivated and that I would actually be ok.  

Week 1, Day 4 - 
     I like to call this dark chocolate kodiak waffle day.  This is the one food I look forward to having after the lowest carb day.  If you have not tried the dark chocolate kodiak waffles you need to go get a box right now!!  (I mean you can finish reading this first lol.)  It's like having desert for breakfast.  One thing I noticed was that I did have a bit more energy during my workouts compared to the day before.  It was also a bit challenging for me to get back to hitting my carb total for this day.  Never thought I would be saying it was hard to get some carbs in lol.

Week 1, Day 5 - 
     This is my highest carb day and a day that makes me happy.  I have never been much of a chipotle fan.  Mom and I decided to go their for lunch and I wish I could eat their for every one of my highest carb days.  I can eat and get my carbs in and remain super full throughout the day.  Day 5 is important in the fact that it helps get carbs back into your body.  No I didn't run out and have a cheat meal I ate healthy carbs.  My energy for my workout was through the roof and thankfully it was leg and booty day.  

     My weeks on carb cycling technically end after day 5.  After the 5th day I start the carb cycling process all over again.  One thing that is going to be challenging is having my lowest carb day and highest carb day not consistently on the same day every week.  Before starting this program my body knew when it was the weekend and eating clean went out of the window.  I can't have that mindset anymore and will have my lowest carb days fall on the weekends.  Again back to discipline and how bad I want transform my body.  After finishing the first 5 days I have come to the conclusion that this won't be easy but very manageable.  I have also come to the conclusion that eating at home is way more convenient and prefer it to eating out.  Writing out how I feel not only after each day but week really helps me reflect.  It also helps me figure out kind of a game plan for the next week.  

The hardest part is over and that is starting.  Once you start and get in your own groove watch out because then you realize that YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

Until next time, have a great day and God Bless😊

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting My Groove Back!

Update on Mom

The Past Month...